Can I drive my golf cart or utility vehicle on the city streets?

First you will need to stop by the City Office (17 North Broadway, 785-258-2271) to complete the Utility Vehicle Application. Also, you will need to bring with you proof of insurance and your driver's license. Then you need to contact the Herington Police Department at 700 South Broadway, 785-258-2226 (dispatch) to have your utility vehicle inspected. After the officer inspects and passes your vehicle by signing off on the application, you will bring the application back to the City Office with your $10.00 fee. You will receive a receipt, sticker for your UV, and a copy of your paperwork.